Greetings to everyone who puts wellness first!
As a member of the WellnessFirst! community, I show folks how to reduce their backload of accumulated stress and become stress-resistant going forward. I have been doing this for more than 20 years and have never found a simpler, faster, more natural, or more effective way to calm the entire nervous system than just paying attention to how you breathe!
When we breathe easily and naturally, in the “belly,” as we were born to do, it shuts off adrenaline and the other stress hormones like a light switch. One minute we’re on the merry-go-round, the next minute we’re off, standing on firm ground. We can achieve calm in the eye of the storm, regain and maintain physiological and emotional balance. We can’t eliminate stress, but we can become stress-resistant.
Well-known holistic physician Andrew Weill, Director of the ArizonaCenter for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona, calls diaphragmatic breathing the “Master Key to Self-Healing.” He says,
I recommend breath work to almost all patients that I see. There is really nothing that is out of range of this technique. Wherever you have nerves in your body, which is everywhere, you have the possibility of improving function by using breath as a technique of harmonizing the function of the nervous system. I’m impressed by the power of breath and its ability to correct specific health problems and promote our general wellness. I feel very strongly that proper breathing is a master key to good health.
You can easily learn proper breathing techniques and take advantage of these 11 profound health improvements:
- Stop stress and reduce anxiety by triggering the body’s relaxation response
- Lower your blood pressure and heart rate, improving cardio-vascular function
- Reduce acute and chronic pain by releasing endorphins
- Detoxify! Clear up to 70% of bodily toxins (smokers, take note!)
- Clean and oxygenate the blood
- Improve sexual function and libido
- Promote clear thinking (helps reduce “chemo brain” )
- Activate your immune response and your body’s natural healing processes
- Improve digestion and all metabolic processes
- Stop cortisol production to assist weight loss
- Sleep soundly
I offer two services, training and oxygenation, for individuals and couples, and offer discounts for small groups (3 or more people):
- Training: In the training session we assess your breathing style and correct any misconceptions and poor breathing patterns. We practice proper breathing sitting, standing, and moving around and help you build stamina and a foundation for stress-resistance.
- Oxygenation: Oxygenation combines deep relaxation techniques with specific breathing rhythms to dismantle the backlog of accumulated stress and build an on-going practice for stress-resistance.
Contact me today. Feeling better is just one breath away…
With Steve Ross, M.A.
Stress Management Specialist
3861 N. First Ave.