Due to the increasing concerns surrounding the flu and coronavirus (COVID-19), here are some helpful, healthy precautions to take both at home and when outside the home.
- Get plenty of rest
- Increase Vitamin C intake – supplements or even better, get IV therapy
- Clean cell phones off with rubbing alcohol
- Eat cleanly (avoid sugar, junk foods, alcohol)
- Take a probiotic daily and/or eat fermented foods
- Remember to exercise, which helps the immune system
- Wash hands often and after handling things other folks have touched
- Drink enough water to equal half your body weight in ounces daily (hot or cold)
- Get any other chronic illnesses treated, which will strengthen the immune system
Those who may be feeling under the weather should pay attention to some signs and symptoms that it’s more than a common cold. Answering yes to any of the following questions indicates that it’s time to call the doctor and get treated right away:
- Are you coughing anything up?
- Have you had a fever?
- Are you feeling extra fatigued or achy?
- Do you have a headache when you usually never get headaches?
- Are you having chest tightness or feeling short of breath?
Take note of these natural ways to fight off flu symptoms and illnesses.
- Get Oscillococcinum tablets and take a capful in water daily.
- Check out Anna’s Remedies, which are Homeopathic sprays to treat flu-like symptoms and support the immune system.
- Avoid large crowds, or if outside, wear a face mask and gloves (wash or replace daily).
- Increase ingestion of garlic, licorice root, ginseng, elderberry and echinacea, zinc, selenium, Vitamin C, seaweed and Vitamin D3.
- In addition, vitamin pushes or IVs can assist you in feeling better sooner.
If you do feel unwell, stay home. Rest, hydrate, do Epsom salt baths and drink chicken broth.
As seen in Natural Awakenings: fighting-Off-the-flu-naturally